Dear Parents and Guardians,
Tuition Extra is an essential business as we support vulnerable and SEN learners, who require routine and structure from their educational programme. The expectation is for these children/young people to continue attending lessons in line with their education and therapeutic provisions. We are taking all the precautions in our learning spaces to minimize risks as much as possible. All our professionals strictly follow government guidance, and our resources and learning spaces are cleaned often.
No-one should attend the tuition if they have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or are self-isolating due to symptoms in their household.
The work we do is essential, and we will carry on tutoring in the home where we can with tutors taking precautions until government advice changes on this. To prevent the spread of the virus, below is a reminder of the precautions you and your household need to and can take, if tutors are coming in, to help avoid infection and keep our tutors healthy carrying on with the essential work they do.
– Wash your hands frequently using soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
– Cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of used tissue immediately.
– Keep at least 2-metre distance between yourself and others where possible.
– Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces like phones, doorknobs, light switches, and countertops (please clean the area of tuition prior to this taking place if tuition is in the home.)
– Seek medical advice/care early if you or your household has a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other symptoms of COVID-19 and please let us know in the office/the tutor if you/the learner has a positive test result.
– Avoid crowded places, confined, and enclosed spaces with poor ventilation, and try to practice physical distancing from people in public.
– Tutors will not take offence if you/the student chooses to wear fabric masks when physical distancing is not possible.
– Keep all indoor spaces well ventilated.
Staff and tutors will be in contact with parents and guardians to discuss next steps moving forward, arranging extra support if tuition must be moved online. We know there are parents and guardians who are more nervous about having tutors in the home or sending their child/young person to the Tuition Extra office and our other learning spaces. Particularly where there are extremely clinically vulnerable household members. In this instance, tutors can and will provide remote learning. If pupils are not attending online tuition, we will carry out welfare checks, to ensure the pupil and household are properly supported.
It may be that some pupils, who did not previously present as vulnerable, have become so during this period away from regular/usual education. We are here for the pupils and will continue taking on new learners. Equally, we will be tailoring education and therapeutic plans if necessary and providing COVID anxiety training and extra support to all staff.
We will get through this,
Lockdown Learning - Online Resources - BBC Bitesize & TV Schedule
At Tuition Extra we are supporting all our pupils through this difficult time, with learning that is appropriate and tailored to their circumstances. Learning can be supplemented in many ways and with lots of children unable to leave the house educational TV can increase casual learning.
Lockdown Learning - Free Activity Sheets
If you wish to supplement learning with online resources below are a range of printable and online worksheets: