BTEC Level 5 Diploma in
Education and Training
Create a flexible timetable & payment plan
The BTEC Professional Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is an online learning course suitable for teachers, trainers or tutors working in further education, adult and community learning, or work-based training within public, private, voluntary or community organisations.
Why train with us?
Tuition Extra provides bespoke education programmes to children and young people across Kent from ages 4 to 25 years. Our service tailors wrap-around education packages that can include subjects areas from BTEC Vocational hands-on courses to academics across all Key Stages. We can further support with therapeutic interventions and with a creative, holistic approach. Our team has a wealth of experience for all learner types, and a spectrum of educational resources from construction spaces to therapy farms.
We are more than just an education provider. Trainees will gain vital insight into the teaching profession and benefit from the extensive and varied experience of our instruction team. The result is a professional understanding which truly reflects the different sectors in education.
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the Further Education and Skills’ Sector
- Theories, principles & models of education & training.
- Teaching, learning & assessment in education & training.
- Wider professional practice & development in education & training.
- Developing teaching, learning & assessment in education & training.
Developing Teaching, Learning & Assessment in Education & Training
Teaching, Learning & Assessment in Education and Training
Theories, Principles & Models in Education & Training
Wider Professional Practice & Development in Education & Training
Course delivery and assessment structure:
- Online sessions covering the core material, with daytime and evening options.
- Online seminars to focus on core practice areas including study skills and a 1500 word essay, with writing support if required.
- Assessment will range from internally set essay style questions, to six lesson observations, assessment of planning and schemes of work, and a portfolio of work with reflective practice logs.
These hours can be paced to suit your lifestyle – typically people on this qualification will complete the course in 8-12 months, however some will complete it sooner.
We are flexible and aim to make our programmes as accessible as possible to suit your lifestyle.
You must meet non-academic requirements; these include a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, and declaration of any criminal conviction.
Learners must meet the following minimum criteria:
- You must have a minimum of 100 hours of teaching experience or be able to show that you can meet this requirement.
- You will need to have achieved Level 2 skills in English and Mathematics, or Level 3 if you are taking units in teaching literacy or numeracy.
If you require support with any entry requirements, we can help to facilitate you gaining these skills as a supplement to the Level 5 Diploma.
If you believe that teaching is your vocation, or that advancing practice is something you wish to do, this course provides the theoretical knowledge and practical experience to expand your career!
As a course leader and instructor, I personally undertook the Level 5 Education & Training qualification which afforded me the opportunity to obtain QTLS which has parity with QTS. This meant that I could train whilst working.
The Education & Training qualification opened doors for me. I was able to undertake my PGCE and subsequent MA and EdD studies in the field of Education, and the professional status it has allowed me to build over the years.
This has afforded me experience in mainstream, specialist and international settings, as well as in consultancy services for a range of Local Authorities and Government Bodies.
The kudos in being able to say that ‘I am a qualified teacher’ has opened doors that would otherwise have been very firmly closed.
The fee includes your deposit, tutor support, assessment and certification.
We pride ourselves on accessible education. Contact us to discuss flexible payment plans!