Speech and Language Therapist
Hiring across Kent – Full time / Part time Positions
We are currently seeking an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our new and exciting team based in Kent.
We offer bespoke educational packages to children and young people who have been unable to engage in formal education for a variety of reasons. Whether it be as a result of health needs, complex SEN or SEMH, we have a wealth of experience and can offer an encompassed provision from 4 to 25 years of age.
Our postholder will be responsible for providing essential speech and language therapy, interventions, and class-based support to children and young people.
An ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of supporting the communication and interaction needs of children and young people within an educational context.
- They will have excellent clinical and theoretical understanding and experience of applying this understanding with children and young people.
- They will have the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, being able to communicate effectively with colleagues, educational settings, and other professionals across Tuition Extra.
This post is suitable for anyone wishing to develop their clinical understanding of working with children and young people within a variety of educational contexts, across a range of therapeutic areas.
We would be supportive of applications from both established Speech and Language Therapists and those who are newly qualified Speech and Language practitioners.
- Paediatric or School experience
- Relevant S< Degree or Qualification
- Experience teaching 1-2-1 or small group sessions
- Experience working with neurodivergent students, specifically those on the autism spectrum.
- Hold a current DBS certificate.
- Degree level preferred
- Opportunity to contribute to a new and growing team
- The role is flexible and offers competitive rates of pay
- Self-employed status or option of PAYE Zero Hours Contract
All candidates are subject to an interview (either via Whereby or telephone); references to cover the last two years’ employment; and a full enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in this role, can demonstrate that you meet the essential criteria, and would like to join a fast-growing business in the South East, then please get in touch.
Perks of the Job
Competitive salary for the right candidate.
Benefit from a subscription to Twinkl online teaching resources.
Work around your life.
Interested?! Talk with
HR to Setup an Interview
Are you the ideal candidate? Email your CV over to our HR manager Julie!
The ideal candidate will exhibit high standards, excellent communication skills, and can take initiative, and prioritize daily tasks. The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual. You should have recent experience of working with children or young people with autism and have the ability to work both as part of the team and independently.